Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Meet Our Featured Members of the Month!

Happy New Year everyone! We hope you all enjoyed the holiday season and are excited about all that 2014 holds, both personally and professionally. A new year is always a great time to think about new collaborations and networking in the months ahead. If you are interested in collaborating with any of our January featured members, why not send them a MWN friend request? If you would like to be considered as a featured member, email us at featured@modelwirenetwork.com.

MODEL OF THE MONTH: COURTNEY N.

Our first featured model of the year is the beautiful Courtney N! Courtney is from the Bay Area and is represented by Scout Model & Talent Agency. She recently shot a campaign with Benefit Cosmetics.


David Leslie Anthony's introduction to fashion photography began while a Creative Director for some of the leading hairdressing academies in the beauty industry. A self-taught photographer, David eventually moved into photography full-time, beginning his career in the fall of 1989 in Los Angeles. His work has been featured in Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Elle, Rolling Stone, and Cosmopolitan U.K., to name a few. He won the Bronze award at the Alpha Fashion Awards in 1998 for a fashion commercial he directed on an $800 budget, and he proceeded to win another 18 awards for his fashion photography. David's work has also appeared in both solo and group exhibitions in Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York, and Chicago. For a more in-depth bio, visit our Featured Photographers section on the  MWN homepage. 

Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
I can't really name one in particular, as there are many whom I gravitate towards. Guy Bourdin and Helmut Newton, for their tremendous influence on today's fashion photography. Mario Testino, for his incredible range in work and style. Steven Meisel, for his vision and longevity. Sarah Moon, Paolo Roversi, Nick Knight, Craig McDean, among many others, have all brought something brilliant and influential to photography and vision.
What inspires you?
Travel and the people I've been so fortunate to meet. I "see" photographs when I travel and with the people I meet. Often places I've been to, situations I've seen, find their way into my photographs.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
When I look at a model, I need to feel compelled to photograph them. I need to "see" photographs in my mind when I look at them. A few models I had the pleasure of working with, and help start them off at the beginning of their careers, were Karlie Kloss, Ava Smith, Amanda Murphy, Cora Keegan, and Samantha Gradoville.
What genre does your work focus on?
I shoot fashion. Whether it be for editorial use, advertising, etc., my job is to understand the client's demographics and bring something more to the editorial campaign. My viewpoint in fashion, the models I select, the "feel" of the images I shoot does not change; but the visual look of my photographs (whether it be bright or moody) always changes. It has to, depending upon the season in which I am shooting and the look of the moment.
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
Favorite band - The Rolling Stones. I have two favorite songs; The original version "Forever Young" by Alphaville, and "Young Forever" by Jay-Z. 

MAKEUP ARTIST OF THE MONTH: REGINA MCLEOD (REGINA THE ARTIST) 

When she came to Orlando from Sumter, South Carolina in 2008, Regina McLeod used the fresh start as an opportunity to make her dreams of becoming a makeup artist come true. After completing MAC Pro classes and working for MAC for two years, Regina is now working for herself. 

Her work has been featured in Orlando Style, Miami Fashion Week, Wedding Magazine, and Elements Magazine. 

Anike Rabiu was born in Nigeria, grew up in New York, and lived in Europe for a while. She credits her time in Europe with expanding her world views and helping to shape her eclectic and quirky personality. Anike has been in the fashion world for just over 10 years. She started as a model, went on to become a personal shopper/stylist, and is now a freelance Hair Stylist. Anike is an Aveda Certified, New York State licensed Cosmetologist. Her work can be seen in magazine editorials, model portfolios, look books, and various marketing and advertising campaigns.

What is your personal style?
My personal style is pretty chill and relaxed - kind of masculine, but at the same time, feminine; very French girl. I'm all about comfort and wear a lot of trousers, especially from JOSEPH UK. Since I work a lot with my hands, I always have rings or bracelets on. I'm never without a piece from my ultimate addiction, ginette_ny. Currently, I'm really into hats since I chopped off all my hair in September. Now - no muss, no fuss.
Who is your favorite Hair Stylist of all time?
Time has yet to end - so this is a bit of a difficult question. There are several Hair Stylists, such as Guido Palau, Antoinette Beender, and Ted Gibson (to name a few) that I wholeheartedly respect, admire, and would love to learn from. But, I strive to be as innovative as Vidal Sassoon or Christiaan.
What genre does your work focus on?
Right now, the majority of my work is fashion related. I am quite open-minded and really just want to do hair! I'm open to all genres.
What product can you not live without?
Phymolian Styling Foam by Aveda and Tresemme Extra Firm Control Mousse.
What inspires you?
Life and all of its wonderful possibilities.

WARDROBE STYLIST OF THE MONTH: MICHELLE EVANS (STYLE BY MICHELLE EVANS) 
Michelle Evans is a Wardrobe Stylist from Dallas, TX. She attended Wade College, where she received an Associates of Arts Degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising. Her education continued at The University of North Texas in Denton, TX. After a career in Retail Management, Michelle decided to become a Wardrobe Stylist. As a freelance stylist, she has had the opportunity to style commercials for Top Golf, as well as promos and stills for the reality show "Texas Women" for CMT, and promos for the band Forever the Sickest Kids. You can also find Michelle's work published in several fashion magazines both locally and internationally. 

Michelle is repped by On Set Management in Dallas, where she works for companies like JC Penney and Neiman Marcus. 

What inspires you?
I am always inspired by music, poetry, art and culture.
What is your personal style?
My personal style would be considered edgy with boho influence.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
My favorite thus far was the opportunity to style the band members of Forever the Sickest Kids for a photo shoot with photographer Jeremy Shelby.
What is your favorite store to shop at or brand?
I absolutely love Nordstrom. They carry a variety of brands and styles. You can find anything from Free People to Alexander McQueen.
Why Wardrobe Stylist?
I've always had a love for fashion and the arts. I feel being a stylist is a mix of both. The body is a blank canvas, and the clothing is the paint. 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment