Wednesday, August 21, 2013

ASK JOEY: Don't Be Afraid To Be Commercial!

One of my favorite things to do is to review portfolios on ModelWire Network. Many of you don't have specific questions, but are eager to welcome feedback that could help push your careers in one direction or another. When reviewing portfolios, it seems that a lot of you shy away from "commercial" photos. I know of lot of models dream of being the next famous supermodel, but don't be afraid to seek work in commercial print and television. There are many more opportunities in the commercial world for all different looks and types. Make sure you have the photos in your portfolio to highlight the commercial side of your look!


MORGANMENDEZ
I would like you to look at my profile and tell me what you think - if there is something that I need to change or enhance. Based on my profile, are there agencies in L.A. you would suggest I contact?

Your portfolio is very commercial so I hope you are taking advantage of all of the great acting classes available in L.A. There is definitely a lot of competition out there, especially with your look and type. From your photos, you have more of a commercial look than fashion modeling. If you are interested in pursuing fashion modeling, make sure to test test test. You'll need more of those shots in your portfolio. I definitely see you having a commercial acting and modeling career. There are lots of commercial agents in L.A., so I would start by contacting them. Don't be afraid to contact the heavy hitters as well as some of the great boutique agencies who work with fewer clients.
 LUSSIETTE
I would love for you to review my portfolio. It would be so great to get your feedback!
I like your book and think you're off to a great start. Have you seen anyone at Ford or Factor in Chicago? Your portfolio is definitely good enough to find an agent. Once you've found one you like, let them work with you on improving it more to their taste. They will let you know what kind of photos they'd like to see, test you and can recommend photographers in the area to help build upon the great foundation you already have.
 TRACEY
Would you mind taking a look at my portfolio and stats? I would love to know what you think of my look and images. What do you think I should work on?
I like your book for fashion modeling and think it's definitely good enough to present to agents in L.A. They will let you know what they want to see more of in terms of additional photos. As far as your stats, you've got the right height for fashion. Your hips may be big for some sample sizes, but you certainly can't tell from your photos! You look very slim and obviously know how to pose to get great results.
JENNIFERG
I would love for you to review my portfolio!
I like the pictures you have so far, but you definitely need some full body shots. You've got a very commercial look and should also consider adding some business type shots and more traditional commercial headshots. You have a great look, so definitely get yourself a commercial agent if you don't already have one. You're in NYC, so there are plenty of great agencies you should be able to meet with. You've definitely got the right look to get in the door.
JESSICA KO 
I'd love for you to review my portfolio and give your feedback/advice!
You've got a great look but your book is too much fashion. I see you as a very commercial type who could work a lot in commercial print and television. Try incorporating more commercial type pictures into your portfolio - headshots, sports shots, business attire, boy/girl shots, etc. Take a commercial acting class to see where it leads you! There are a lot of great photographers, stylists and makeup artists from NY on ModelWire Network you could shoot with to diversify your book.

In the meantime,

Have a successful day!

JOEY

Follow me @TheJoeyHunter





Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment