Thursday, December 6, 2012

ASK JOEY: Check Out Our Fashion Directory!

I just wanted to remind you about our ModelWire Fashion Directory.  Don't forget to take advantage of it - all of these agencies work closely with ModelWire and ModelWire Network and are some of the biggest names in the business.  Try reaching out to them and setting up meetings.  But first, make sure your portfolio is up-to-date and you are truly showing off your best work.  Otherwise, you might lose the opportunity of seeing the agency again.  Also, just a reminder, agencies see hundreds of girls a day.  Ask yourself, how will you stand out?  Good luck!

MOLLY CURLEY
Hello!  I'm currently signed with an agency in Boston (Model Club Inc).  I'm looking to sign with an agency in NYC.  I absolutely love modeling.  I don't want anything more than to make it in this business!  My ultimate dream is to be a Victoria's Secret model and walk in their fashion show!  I would love it if you could take a look at my profile and pictures and tell me what you think.  Do you think I have potential?  What do you think is the best direction for me?  I know I have been asked so many times to define what my "brand" is.  I think that I have the all-American, girl-next-door look.  But I can also be sexy and look more Mediterranean.

 
You have a really good look.  If you're signed to Model Club they should have the proper connections with agents in New York City.  Have them set up your meetings.  It's also to their benefit to do so (if another agency signs you, they get Mother agency commission).  They should be more than willing to help you out.  That's what agencies are for!  
TAMARA OMEL
I have a question - how do I get signed with Wilhelmina?

 
You live in New York City.  They have open calls - just find out when and go.  But before you go, you need to make sure to put on some clothes.  Fashion modeling is about all types of clothing, not just lingerie.  Do some test shoots with clothes on.  Also, you don't have your sizes listed - make sure you fully fill out your profile.
BRIANNA ROBINSON
I would definitely like your feedback on my pictures and on my look.  I want to become the very best which means listening to professionals like you.  I'm looking at Plus-Size runway work and commercial work.

 
Like I told Tamara, you need to put some clothes on.  Fashion is more than just underwear.  Get some more images up - you have a good look and good sizes but you're definitely more commercial than high fashion.  Take advantage of it - get more photos that are more commercial.
JOANNA MARLOW 
I came to the United States a few years ago and realized this was the right place to start my career.  However, I don't really know the right people and I'm still not sure where to go and how to go about things.  I would appreciated your advice and direction.  I'm 37 years old and not really at the desired age.  Do I still have a shot of making it?  How do I do it?

 
You have a great commercial look!  You also live in Florida.  There are lots of agencies in South Beach that do more commercial type representation than fashion - get out there and see them.  Make some calls and ask for meetings.  You can even use our fashion directory as a resource.  You're actually quite perfect for that market.
OLIVIA JOHNSON
I'm wondering if you'd check out my current pictures and give me some feedback.  I'm also looking for advice for how to get my career going while I'm still stuck in Wisconsin finishing my undergraduate.  Any suggestions?  I'm meeting with The Rock Agency in Madison, WI next week to sign my contract with them but I'm not sure if there are additional steps I can be taking to get ready.  Great site - thanks for the channel to get myself out there!


 
You're in good hands with The Rock Agency.  They are one of the best agencies in the country.  They have connections all over the major markets and will take good care of you.  As far as your port goes, you need more stylized fashion shots.  I like your look, but you just need more photos.  Your agent should be able to tell you what type of look best suits you.  Don't lose your connection!  Also, say hi to Raquel for me!  
In the meantime,

Have a successful day!

JOEY

Follow me @TheJoeyHunter

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment