Thursday, September 6, 2012

Meet Our Featured Members of the Month!

Hello!  Here are featured members of the month for the month of September.  Don't forget to check them out on our homepage as well as on Facebook - we truly picked out some talented folks from our thousands of members on ModelWire Network.  Remember - if you have any questions, concerns or comments, you can reach us at support@modelwirenetwork.com.  Feel free to get a hold of members to collaborate on projects!

Model of the Month:  Lindley Jones

 

Who is your favorite model of all time?
I don't have one!  There are so many great women and icons in the industry and each commend the runway, camera and shots in unique and remarkable ways.
What inspires you?
Great photography, exciting editorials and unique locations.  In every nook and cranny there is a great shot waiting to be born.
What do you look for when selecting a photographer to work with?
Quality, creativity and the overall range of their portfolio.  And lighting!  Lighting is such a hard thing to master.
What is your personal style?
I am all about accessories.  I love wearing BCBG leggings/pants and a loose tank. But I always switch it up with purses, heels, hats, jewelry and of course nail color.
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
I will forever have a soft spot for the Dave Matthews song "Crash into Me".

Photographer of the Month:  Rush Varela


Who is your favorite photographer?
I have two favorite and equally influential photographers that I often parody some visual cues from:  Helmut Newton and Guy Bourdin.
What inspires you?
I draw my inspiration from my experiences; any I go and anything that catches my eye.
What do you look for when working with a model?
Models have to strike the right balance between experience and presence for any job I am casting for.  In addition, I look for an openness to push the envelope as a collaborating team member.
What type of camera and equipment do you use?
I switch brands constantly but am currently using Nikon cameras and rent various brands of lighting equipment to meet technical needs of varying assignments.
What genre does your work focus on?
I tend to focus my work on the commercial market, though it has editorial appeal and I see myself as a fashion portraitist.    

Makeup Artist of the Month:  Jaime Criel

 

Why makeup artist?
Growing up, I was a painter and a photographer and always loved the arts.  A manager for Chanel Beaute approached me to work for them and I immediately fell in love with makeup and have never looked back.
Who is your favorite makeup artist?
Alex Box.  She is truly an artist above anything else and I keep all her work on my computer for inspiration.  I had the pleasure of recently meeting her and I think I skipped the entire way home afterward!
What product can you not live without?
Primer.  It makes such a world of difference to even out texture and extend the wearability of the product it's under.  I also use it as a medium with my foundation to create different coverage.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
There are too many to count!  I did a zombie film that won best picture at the film festival we made it for.  Character makeup is so fun!
What genre does your work focus on?
I mainly focus on editorial because it is truly what I love.  The excitement of the set and an entire team of creative people and the satisfied feeling that something great was created that day.

Hair Stylist of the Month:  Alyn Martin


Why hair styling?
It has always been a passion of mine from childhood.  I feel like it is something I must do.
What inspires you?
Nature, people and fashion.
What product can you not live without?
Sebastian Shaper Fierce Spray and a Mason Pearson brush.
What genre does your work focus on?
Editorial and beauty are my favorite.
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
Miss You by the Rolling Stones. 

Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  French Vendette' (Erika Degraffinreaidt)


What inspires you?
My inspiration definitely comes from the everyday person.  I find myself doing a lot of people watching studying their habits/fashion and transforming it in a very artistic fashionable way.  Basically giving the message that there is beauty within everyone, it just takes that special something to bring it out and that someone is a wardrobe stylist!
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
When selecting a model I always look at their portfolio to see if they have the ability to transform themselves into a new subject that they have yet to explore.  I also look at their overall attitude.  I only love working with people who have good energy and who are very humble and hungry to showcase their work and passion.  It is truly all about the passion that I look for in models!
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
That is definitely difficult to say because they have all been amazing.  I guess I will allow everyone else to be the judge of that because after all, all of my work is dedicated to the fashion/art world!
What is your personal style?
My personal style is very eclectic with a classic edge.  I truly believe that style is defined as not what you wear but how you wear it.  When you put confidence in what you wear, it not only becomes beautiful but also a staple!
What genre does your work focus on?
The genre I truly focus on is conceptual because I love being able to tell a story through my work.  I also do commercial work as well but you will definitely be seeing more editorial work as French Vendette' starts to gear up for the Fall/Winter 2013 season. 
 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment