Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ASK JOEY: Why so serious?

Keep the questions coming!  This week's questions come from some of our male models on the site.  I've said this before, but male models really have it tough in the modeling business.  They have to work twice as hard to land gigs (and the competition is high) as well as be very versatile.  Although there are a growing number of jobs for male models, you still need to stand out.  One way is to not have the same look in all of your photos in your portfolio.  You wouldn't want it to look like your head was just photoshopped in different photos!  Try out different looks - serious faces can only take you so far.  Smile every once in a while!  And solo shots are always good, but change it up and get some other models in a photo with you - it's good to show that interaction. 
  
BRANDON GARCIA
I would love if you took a look at my images.  Let me know what you think!

 
I think you have great pictures - but you only have one look.  Take a look at all of your photos.  You need to work on smiling more and more fashion shots.  Male models have to do a lot more work in order to make a living.  You're definitely getting there though!
TYERISE
I'm an actor as well as a model.  I've don't some modeling for "Alize" liquor and it was an awesome experience.  I really need you to take a look at my profile and tell me if I have the right tools to continue this type of work as a model as well as an actor.

 
You have a nice look, but you're more of a commercial model than a fashion one.  Also, you're a big guy and it is difficult to fit in sample size clothes.  You should add more photos to your portfolio showing off different situations (for example, athletic).  And have some photos with other models to show a more commercial side.
ROBERT BRAGGS II
I wanted to know if you had any ideas about which agencies I should be looking at.

 
You are more commercial because of your height.  Based on your photos, you have only one look.  Try branching out and getting more professional photos taken.  There is not one full length shot, all you have are head shots.  Before you go to any agency, you need to focus on your portfolio.
HIRAM A MURRAY
I have put up new photos since the last time you answered my question.  Please take a look!

 
You need more fashion looks in your book.  You have all of the right sizes but you need to be more versatile.  You have the same look in every photo.  Try getting more photos done that show more variety.  Other than that, I think you're ready!
MONOJIT
I'm looking forward to your advice on my portfolio - the good, the bad and the ugly!

 
You have the same look in all of your photos - you need to change them up.  Also, you are a commercial model so I would suggest studying acting to land gigs.  You need to be able to do it all in order to make any money.  The industry is really hard male models.  Work on your photos; they aren't up to par yet.
In the meantime,

Have a successful day!

JOEY

Follow me @TheJoeyHunter

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment