Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's time to get serious!

It's time to get serious folks! If you are serious about your modeling career, then do something about it. You need to put the time and effort into your work. This includes your photos, your portfolio, going out and visiting agencies, etc. Most people fall under the Commercial modeling category - do you know how competitive it is? How will you stick out if you only have one look and 4 photos? Get with it! Constantly update your portfolio with new looks, collaborate with photographers and actually make an effort to go out there and get work! Speaking of putting more effort in, please fully fill out your profile - this includes your About Me section. You will stick out with your personality. Offer something that makes you unique!

CORBIN MCCARTHY

I am new to modeling but have had several shoots in my first few months here in LA and really enjoy it. I was wondering if I am going in the correct direction for my "look"? How should I market myself to agencies here in LA? I feel like I could do both high fashion and commercial.

I really like your look. You pictures tend to be on the more "edgier" side. I would suggest doing more test shoots and main stream fashion shots. I can definitely see you with a fashion agency more than a commercial agency. Definitely get out there!

KARINA NOELLE

I'm 5'7", 22 years old and know Commercial is my niche (albeit a rather large one). I've had representation for a little over a year and a half and have never once been sent out. I've gotten the note that people 'don't know what to do with me' and I chalk that up to my portfolio not going in the right direction. If you can take the time to look at it, I would truly appreciate any notes you can give me. It's such an incredible resource to ask someone of your experience for advice and I'm so glad I came upon this website to be able to do so.

I love your look. It's a very commercial one that should be able to sell. It's been a year and you haven't been sent out? It sounds like your agency is just being lazy! Dump that agent. Do more test shoots with different looks - sport, fitness, business, bathing suit. Get serious about getting commercial work. I wouldn't waste my time on your agent. Get more photos - 6 is not enough!

BRANDEN MITCH

I was wondering what makes a person a commercial model compared to a fashion model other than a thin body. Also, based off my look, what market do you feel I should market myself to?

From your pictures, it looks like you can do both commercial and fashion modeling. But based on your height at 5'11", you will have trouble getting fashion gigs. All of your other stats hit the mark though. I would definitely take more fashion shots in your portfolio. Your portfolio looks weak. Use ModelWire Network to hook up with photographers and get some more photos. You have a chance, but you have to work for it.

STEPH G.

I read your About Me section and I see you're very experienced. I was wondering if I could get your opinion on my portfolio - strengths, weaknesses and anything else you feel is necessary. I value your opinion and look forward to hearing from you soon.

You are definitely commercial. Your book has only one look - it's a very weak portfolio. You need more photos! Agencies like to see variety. I think you should take acting classes to try to get more commercial roles. Again, more photos! You can expect to go anywhere in this business with two mediocre photos in your portfolio.

In the meantime,

Have a successful day!

JOEY

Follow me @TheJoeyHunter

*Have a question for me? Ask away on my ModelWire Network Profile.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment