Friday, October 7, 2011

Ask Joey: Stay Persistent


Agents are always looking for new faces but hate having to take the time to look, so you have to be persistent. Find out when they are having open calls. If they don’t have an open call, then email them your photos and keep on doing it until you get a response. A person who doesn’t give up is the type of person I used to love to represent. Agents like it when people continue to show up at casting calls and in their email inboxes, this shows them that you are serious. Know that drive can make up for lack in look or size.

Would love to get your opinion on what kind of look/style would work best for me.


It seems like you have a style of your own, though I am not sure if it is making you any money. I can’t give you straight direction as I do not know any of your sizes or stats. Start by filling out your profile. I would also suggest that you take some photos with more clothes on. Show that you can do more than just glamour.

I would like advice from you about my book and which market do I fit in? I am looking for a new agency in NY and Miami. I just took some lifestyle photos; let me know what you think.


You have a good look for lifestyle with an edge. NY or Miami can work for you if you find the right commercial agent. Make sure you check out ModelWire’s Fashion Directory. In the meantime fill out your About Me section as our agents who scout from our site read those.

I am sure you receive questions daily but I was wondering if you could give me a little bit of information on how to exactly start a modeling career. I have always wanted to pursue modeling but there are so many different ways to go and I am not sure where to start. I have been told that NYC is where everything happens. Is there another way to get started- without living in the big cities?


You have a very nice commercial look and great eyes. It is true you don’t have to move to NYC to have a successful modeling career. You should start in local markets especially if you are starting out. You should team up with a great photographer on MWN and get yourself more photos then hit the local agencies in Baltimore and D.C.

Wondering if you had any pointers on how to break into commercial print modeling in LA or in NY? I am 28 and feel like my time is almost out. I would love to be able to make this goal happen since I only have a handful of years left.


You live in Los Angeles and there are tons of commercial agents and photographers out there, so get busy, get yourself some new pics and check the MW directory for agents. You should also be taking some acting classes.


I was wondering if you knew any agencies that I can submit to for petite/print modeling. I currently reside in Los Angeles. Please take a look at my portfolio. http://ceciliawinnielee.blogspot.com/


Forget about petite modeling there is no money to be made there. You need to work on your acting for TV commercials as your photos project great personality. You should also up your game as a fashion blogger. New York Times just wrote about fashion bloggers getting signed by agencies. Bloggers are changing the way we see fashion and maybe that could be your way in.

In the meantime,

Have a successful day!
JOEY

Follow me @thejoeyhunter

*Have a question for me? Ask away on my ModelWire Network profile http://www.modelwirenetwork.com/joeyhunter

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment