Thursday, September 1, 2011

Meet Our Featured Members for September 2011

We are so happy to introduce you to our featured members of the month!  These talented fashionistas are active members on our site and have proven to take full advantage of what the site offers!  Remember - scouting is now open on the site and we've had a few members already get scouted!  So update your photos, profile and get scouted!  If you have any questions, concerns or comments feel free to email us at support@modelwirenetwork.com.

Model of the Month:  Tara


Why modeling?
Is this one of those why not questions?! Modeling is every girl's dream and me being one of those girls, I decided to take the next step and just go for it, bringing along a down to earth personality as well as confidence.  Even in a room filled with girls that are 5'9", having confidence within yourself is everything you'll ever need to succeed.  Believe me - it shows.  There's nothing like being in front of the camera and just letting go of reality.
Who is your favorite model of all time?
Kate Moss
What inspires you?
I am self-inspired and motivated.  The fact that I never took no for an answer and getting this far is something I will NEVER take for granted.  I find it a blessing to have such an omnific state of mind.  I love being able to get super creative with work.  Also, music plays a huge part - it helps me break into certain moods and the energy that comes from a song is unexplainable!
What is your personal style?
It really depends on how I'm feeling that day, but I love putting outfits together that people wouldn't normally go for or things that look a little far out.  I'm in love with fashion so I couldn't possibly stick with the norm all the time!
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
My favorite band of all time would have to be Silversun Pickups, but Wolfmother is totally taking over.  This was brought on by "Joker and the Thief" and "Colossal". 


Photographer of the Month:  Joey Bettencourt


Why photography?
I stumbled into photography 6 years ago when a friend of mine, James Widegren (Creative Director at Your Majesty) needed content for our new website he was designing for us at the time.  He told me "Why don't you purchase a camera and two lights so you can shoot photos on your own?"  So I took his advice and bought a Canon Rebel and a JTL strobe kit, then started photographing clients for our website content and advertisements.
Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
Steven Meisel.
What inspires you?
Life. Emotions.  People.  Music.  Cinema.  Perfume/Cologne.  Color.  Music.  Travel.  Beauty.  Friends/family/wife.  Architecture.  Libation.  Art.  Environment.  Fashion. 
What kind of camera/equipment do you use?
Canon EOS 40d, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens (favorite lens for shooting subjects), Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM (perfect for the risers at Fashion Week), Sigma 50mm f/1.4 (I love taking this lens with me anywhere I go, great bokeh!) and Profoto Acute Strobes (pricey, but a great investment). 
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
Like most, I have many bands I love to listen to, but I do notice in many of my playlists I have at least one track of Radiohead playing.


Wardrobe Stylist of the Month:  Sheree Carella


What is your favorite store to shop at?
For accessories and some great staple pieces I always go vintage.  You can add a fun twist to any look with a vintage statement belt.  The search for unique pieces is half the fun!
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I would have to say my favorite project I worked on was recently styling the "Dirty Dancer" music video by Enrique Iglesias.  He is a great person to work with and I was very honored to be the key stylist.
What is your personal style?
Personally, my style is all across the board.  Typically I dress with a bit of edge and sometimes flirty and romantic.  I LIVE in jumpers.  I throw them on and am instantly fab and oh-so-comfy!
What genre does your work focus on?
I love to work on editorial shoots, to brainstorm with the team and think of a story that can be reflected through clothing, and mixing and matching complete looks.
Do you have any advice for the members of MWN?
I'd have to say never give up.  In life, you will come across a lot of people who will try to discourage you, but keep chugging because the end result will be well worth the struggle.


Makeup Artist of the Month:  Rachel Nicks


Why makeup artist?
I have always been an artist since I was young and I love to talk to people.  What better way to combine those two than to become a makeup artist?  Also, I love watching my work in action.  there is no other high than knowing your art is being appreciated.
Who is your favorite makeup artist of all time?
Pat McGrath.  Her vision is impeccable and it speaks through her work.  She truly is an artist and I admire her creativity and passion.  I strive to have her level of knowledge and artistry.
What inspires you?
Art, everyday people and most importantly, my team.  Their energy feeds and inspires my creative soul.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
Good skin, variations of expressions, great eye control, buckteeth (I have a love for buckteeth women) and lastly, someone who is easy going. 
What product can you not live without?
Cover Fx cream foundations.  They are simply amazing.
Do you have any advice for the members of MWN?
Always be appreciative and never forget to thank the team you are working with.




Hairstylist of the Month:  David Harrington


Why hairstyling?  
I have been cutting hair since I was about 15 years old and always had a passion for it.  I used to cut all of my friends' hair in high school.  It was always something I have totally enjoyed.
What inspires you?
My inspiration comes from the designers, photographers and things I see on the street.  Things I have done in the past.  I am working on a full circle in the industry and I have seen it all.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
One that photographs well.  For me, it's not about how beautiful the person is, it is how beautiful they look from behind the camera.
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
David Bowie.
Do you have any advice for the members of MWN?
Do the best you can do and be professional. 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment