Friday, July 1, 2011

Meet our Featured Members for July 2011

We're excited to introduce you to our July Featured Members!

Our Featured Model of the Month was actually chosen in our first ever Facebook contest. You voted and we're excited to feature Justin Magoulas as our July model. More exciting is the fact that he's our first ever male model to be featured. Congratulations!

Again, we'd love to hear your thoughts. If you have a favorite ModelWire Network model please feel free to contact us at support@modelwirenetwork.com. We look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Why modeling?
I chose modeling because I feel that I can get a foot in the door for acting faster. In this industry, it's all about who you know and who you need to know. With modeling, there is a lot of networking so hopefully, I will run into someone that will take it to the next level. But don't get me wrong; I love modeling too. When you model, you tell a story in the photo as if you where acting. Modeling has an artistic side to it. It's not just about looking good and striking a pose. You have to connect with the audience by channeling the emotion and feeling through the photos that you take.
Who is your favorite model of all time?
My favorite model of all time is James Dean. He is an icon paving the path for future male models. Also, his style is awesome. I dig the the 50's and 60's look. He's the one who inspired me to go forward in modeling.
What do you look for when selecting a photographer to work with?
When looking or selecting a photographer, I like to see what they have to offer. By looking at their portfolio and seeing their style of work, I get a feel of the quality and effort they put into their photos. Anyone can be a photographer; it's just finding the right one that knows what you are looking for and the idea and concept for what you need.
What is your personal style?
My personal style changes all the time. Whatever I feel for the day, I'll wear. I like to look at GQ Magazine to get some styles of looks so I can improvise what I have in my closet. If I don't have something to wear with an outfit, I like going to the second-hand store and finding some really cool pieces to use.
What product can you not live without?
Others will agree with me – it is toothpaste. It's not really a cosmetic product, but then again it keeps my teeth white and my breath minty fresh! Brushing everyday will do you good in the long run.





Why Photography?
Love and luck is what started me in photography. My husband was a fashion photographer and I would do anything in my power to try to make him proud of me. With a lucky chance, he was going to cancel a shoot and told me I should do it instead. The client loved my work, I loved doing it and my husband and I found something we could both be passionate about and we connected in a whole new way.
Photography has become my way of expression. I just love the idea of freezing a moment in time, capturing a moment that one may never see again. It's really become, for me, a way that I can say something with out verbally speaking to the audience.
Who is your favorite photographer of all time?
I cannot tell you I have only 1 favorite of all time because its not true. I guess the "trinity" would be Patrick Demarchelier, Mario Testino, and Peter Lindbergh.
Demarchelier because he is just amazing. His work has a timeless quality and borders both fashion and fine art. His lighting is fantastic and I wish I could just be on set watching him work.
Testino...I mean, what can I not say about Testino? For me, Mario Testino has this way of placing a thin veil of "sexy" on his images. The colors, the understanding of fashion that he has, his work is unprecedented. His work speaks to me very much.
Peter Lindbergh....he is a master to me of the black and white photograph. I love everything this man shoots and I can never get tired of looking at his work. Each image of his, for me, is like a meditation. Still, simple, and awe inspiring.
What do you look for when selecting a model?
When selecting a model, there are 2 things that I take into strong consideration and grabs my attention.

Movement - Can the model move? That is so important to me.

The Eyes - There is something about a person's eyes. When I am casting, the eyes need to say something to me. It tells me if he or she can be open and tell a story beyond the obvious. I am wanting to see their soul.
What inspires you?
Inspiration comes from so many places that it is hard to pin point one thing. I think for me, love inspires me. The soul inspires me, life inspires me. And trying to capture these things are what I aim for. Again, it is almost a spirituality of sorts. I try to look for the beauty in creation and in turn, capture that beauty. That is inspiring.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I am currently working on a project that will take me to Jamaica and work in the poverty-stricken areas. I am very much a humanitarian and although fashion is my focus, I love projects with a "heart". I think that fashion photography can be so much fantasy that people in Third World countries may not always relate. This project that is in the works will be documenting an organization that is going in and teaching different trades to people, giving them the much needed self confidence and knowledge to be able to get themselves work and slowly get out of their present condition. I am very excited to be a part of such a project.



Why makeup artist?
From a young age, I was always interested in art: sculpture, painting, drawing and photography. Makeup came naturally to me. I love having the ability to control flaws and enhance features with makeup. I take a lot of pride in my work and it feels good knowing others appreciate it.
What inspires you?
Success. Achieving it and continuously striving for it. Being able to help people feel good about themselves. Beauty in all things!
What product can you not live without?
If I had to pick only one, it would be my MAC PRO cream color base in nude. Love it!
What genre does your work focus on?
All genres really. I am suited for my clients' needs, whatever it is that they need. I can do natural to extreme makeup when need be. I've done it all. But since I have limited space to display all my work, I narrowed it down to several striking fashion looks that are my favorites.
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
Don't laugh...I love Britney Spears and Lady Gaga!


What inspires you?
The world and all its beauty – I see the beauty in everything and everyone.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I have been blessed to work on so many, but the one that touches my heart the most was Project Gratitude Las Vegas. It was a donation of my time and skills for 22 mothers and daughters of fallen soldiers who were brought to Las Vegas for a weekend of pampering, shopping and the Miss America pageant. The mothers and daughters lost important men in their lives – their husbands and fathers, while fighting for our country. I was able to spend the day with them and get them ready for a night of glamour at the Miss America Pageant.
What is your personal style?
I don't think I have one. I love all types of styles – a little glam (formal gown with combat boots), a little rock-a-billy (polka dots and skulls) or my dungaree's (the comfy clothes you wear around the house). Then there's my pseudo personality/biker chic look when I'm in leather riding on a Harley (pink is always included)!
What is your favorite band or song of all time?
It's an oldie, but goody – Life Could be a Dream (Sh Boom Sh Boom) by The Crew Cuts.
What is your most embarrassing moment professionally?
I was at the beginning of my career in a class and the instructor asked why we wanted to be a hairstylist. I responded, “Because I want to make ugly hair pretty!” The instructor replied, “So you want to be poor?” The whole class laughed. But the point to his response was that people who have ugly hair don't take the time to do their hair.

I've been in love with fashion since the age of 6 when I used to cut up grocery bags and create dresses and costumes from them. I love aesthetics in general – texture, shape, color, the whole nine yards. And I thrive on creating things, so wardrobe styling was an easy choice for me. I am, and have been, involved in the fashion industry in many different capacities, including buying, writing, etc. But wardrobe styling is where I feel most at home.
What inspires you?
Art, architecture, nature, interior design, even technology – anything visually appealing, basically.
What do you look for when selecting a model to work with?
It depends on the project, but in general, height and proportions are extremely important. Bone structure is important, especially the overall balance and harmony of his or her features. Most importantly there needs to be depth to a persons beauty, and something unique about them – not just a cookie cutter pretty face. If a model doesn't inspire me to up my game, then they're not worth working with.
What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I have had so many positive experiences on set, but my favorite would have to be the shoot I did by a riverbed. When putting these looks together I asked myself, "If Tim Burton had a doll house, what would those dolls look like?" and that was my inspiration - a bit whimsical, but almost like a tainted fairytale. The hair and makeup girls said it looked like a dark take on Alice In Wonderland. We actually shot it on what had to be the coldest day of the year and my toes were numb by the end of the shoot! The outcome made it worth every minute.
What does your work focus on?
At the moment it's fashion editorial and bridal


Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment