Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Creating a scene





So to continue in this realm of experimentation, I had a shoot the other day where we created a scene using some Ruven Afanador inspired props (i.e. bones, skulls, gargoyles, etc.). I had never set up a scene before so it was definitely challenging, even with the help of models. However I think we got some interesting shots!

I realized there is soo much to think about when shooting/creating a scene. Placement of props, the setting, the model, the model's pose, the model's face, mood, angle, ah! And the hardest part is making the moment believeable, creating an environment that tells a story and doesn't look completely posed. Lets just say I'm glad I had help... but it never seems to be enough! One of my best friends is an artistic director and she was absent for the shoot. I came to the conclusion that I need at least one person who is there for artistic purposes. It really helps to have an outside perspective, someone who can sit back and view the scene as a whole. I became really overwhelmed at one point... however I learned a lot from this shoot and will continue experimenting with scenery. Creating an environment is an important aspect of fashion photography and it's something I definitely need practice in. For more images of this shoot, click here.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment