Monday, June 20, 2011

Ask a Supermodel: Beauty Casting Prep

I'm meeting with celebrity makeup artist Scott Barnes to discuss shooting photos for his next coffee table book. I'd like to take this opportunity to go over what I'll wear and how I'll do my hair and makeup. This project is a beauty shoot, so my focus is going to be skin. Specifically the skin on my face. I'm going to want it to look fresh, glowing and rested.  

1. The first thing to do to achieve this glow is to drink a lot of water.  I'm not perfect but I try to consume a solid 10 glasses of water every day.  



Images-1


2. The next thing I'm going to do is to exfoliate my skin; get that top layer of dead cells off. Currently I'm using Ole Henriksen's walnut complexion scrub. If you don't have a scrub you love already, buy this one. 



Resize


3. Normally I use Shiseido's bio-performance line of skin care. But tonight, I'm opting for pure almond oil.  Almond oil moisturizes the skin without causing breakouts. Also, it evens the complexion and soothes any irritations.  Redness and blotchiness go away with the natural antioxidant capabilities of almond oil.  Why do I choose to pay for Shiseido when I can have an amazing skin care solution for much less? That's a whole other blog post. 


Aura-cacia-sweet-almond-tp_418


4. I'll apply Embryolisse in the morning.  It's a great base for makeup and also super moisturizing without causing build up, break outs or unnecessary shine. 



Lait-creme-c


5. Put just a bit of concealer under the eyes and over any red spots to even the skin coloring. I use Nars.  Don't apply too much, you're still going to want to be able to see skin. 



23599691-149x149-0-0_narsconce


6. Apply mascara and sheer lip gloss.  I like Loreal Voluminous for mascara.  I don't have a favorite lip gloss but currently I'm using Nars. 



Tumblr_l6p3liiw1t1qd5obvo1_250


Nars-lip-gloss

It's incredibly important to allow your skin to show. What you're doing is helping to prepare the canvas. Scott Barnes, who is incredibly talented, doesn't need to see how well I can apply makeup. What he'll be looking at is my skin, my bone structure, and my overall look. 
   
Clothing is going to be simple. I'll wear grey stretch jeans, my Rag and Bone biker boots, and a simple blouse that compliments my skin coloring. Keep in mind that clothing for all model casting is meant to be body conscious not body slutty. Although I'm sure many people would like to know, no one you'd like to take you seriously needs to know what color your nipples are. 

My hair is easy, I chopped it off. But, if you find your self at a beauty casting and you do have hair, the best option is to let it dry naturally and pull it back into a low ponytail.  If you've got a jungle up there, I'd suggest finding an inexpensive salon to give you a professional blow-out and then pull your hair back into a loose ponytail. Voila! Leave the heels at home on this one. 

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment