Monday, June 20, 2011

The Urban Sophisticate: LA Photoshoot


Young entrepreneur Jacqueline Chambers aka The Urban Sophisticate was recently given the challenge to produce a fifteen-look photo shoot with only 5 day's notice. The challenge was brought on by online company Fidoo.com, who launched their site at the end of May. It's rumored to be like Yelp and Facebook combined – but geared toward the fashion community.

After pulling together her team – Louie Aguila (photographer), Katrine Lieberkind (makeup artist), Sean Mikel (hairstylist) and models Algo Brehane, Ariel Hauck, Lauren Switzer, and Trey Cameron - Chambers had a very successful shoot! I was able to speak with Jacqueline about her background in the fashion industry.

How did you get started in fashion?
I am from Farmington, New Mexico (where the only night life is Wal Mart) and I can thank my mother for teaching me that there is a whole world out there and that you can dress however you want! She also taught me how to sew!
How did you come up with the concept for your shoot (The Fidoo Challenge)?
I had a great team, and we all collaborated. Initially, I wanted to create a concept that would show the models in scenes where they didn't really fit in. For example, a model in a couture gown sitting next to a woman at a bus stop. We were shooting near Hollywood and Western, and it was mostly the energy of that part of the city that inspired us.
How did you get the team together? Were these all people you've worked with before?
I have worked with the makeup artist, Katrine Lieberkind many times. She is always so much fun to be around! Algo and Trey, the models - I have known for some time also. Louie Aguila, the photographer, and Sean Mikel the hair designer, I met through Katrine, while Lauren and Ariel were friends of Louie! It was all one big happy family!
What is your background as far as in the industry?
I have been involved in many aspects of the fashion industry, as I am 24 years old and a very experimental and gypsy-like spirit. I have done blogging, event production, design, jewelry making, sales, web design, PR, styling, photography, and more! I find that all of that experience led me to the Fidoo team, and with this revolutionary new site, I can keep doing everything I love while helping others share what they love!
What are your future plans in the fashion industry?
To see the world and dress it up!

Check out some of my favorite pictures from the shoot below!







Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment