Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ask Joey: Portfolio and International Talent Showcase?

What's happening!

I decided that this week I wanted to tackle two questions that were sent to me.

The first question comes from Matt Allison, who asked, "I have been invited to the International Talent Showcase in July 2011. Is this worth my time and money or should I just send Head/Body shots to different agencies. I am so ready to work!!"

Well, Matt, do you only want to do modeling, or are you also interested in pursuing a career in acting, singing, and/or dancing?

If you want to also pursue acting, singing, and dancing, then I would definitely say, "Go." If you are solely looking into modeling and you live in or close to any of the major US modeling markets (New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Seattle, Boston, Miami, and Chicago), then you really should focus building up your book, sending it out to agencies, and requesting interviews.

If you don't live close to any of those cities, then, yes, you should go the International Talent Showcase. But before you sign up, you need to find out what major agencies will be attending and what markets or cities they are from.

The second question comes from Olivier Chapusette who stated, "I would love to have feedback on my portfolio, if you have time!"

I do have time Olivier. But first things first: if you are a model, then you need to fill out your sizes and stats. This goes for all models on ModelWire Network - FILL OUT YOUR SIZES AND STATS! These are the first things that an agent will want to look at.

Not knowing your sizes and stats, I can't point you in the right direction, whether you need to focus more on commercial modeling or on fashion modeling.

Based on just seeing your photos, my only comment is that you need a lot more fashion shoots in your portfolio. The photos I am looking at don't show the fashion side of you.

What I want to see from your photos is you modeling in suits and sportswear. You also need to have a good head shot photo.

Best of luck, Matt and Olivier, with your modeling careers. Keep me posted.

In the meantime…

Have a successful day!

JOEY


* Have a question for me? Click here to go to my ModelWire Network profile.

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment